Integrated Master of Science in Optometry5-year programme
Optometry is a health care profession that involves diagnosing and management of eye disorders. The India government has made optometry part of it Allied Health and Health care professional bills. A Master of optometry provide advanced training to an optometrist in the field of contact lenses, binocular vision, dispensing, Vision rehabilitation to name a few specialities.
Why study Integrated Master of Optometry at School of Medical Science University of Hyderabad?
The Integrated Master of Optometry course at School of Medical Science University of Hyderabad is designed to impart the following skills which are much more than any other Master of Optometry course.
- Prepare professionals for diagnosing, treating, and managing disorders of the eye based on evidence based practise.
- Prepare professionals in providing pre- and post-operative care to patients undergoing ophthalmological surgery
- Prepare professionals for detecting critical health issues like diabetes, hypertension, and even thyroid disease
- Prepare professionals for providing visual correction, including glasses or contact lenses.
- Prepare professionals for with an inclination towards research and utilising research to design and technology to improve the eye care provided to the patients.
Eligibility for applying for Integrated Master of Optometry: Any student who has passed higher secondary exam from recognised central or state board in the following stream is eligible.
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
No of seats: Please look at the prospectus
Selection: Selection procedure is through annual entrance examination of the University of Hyderabad. The written test paper would be based on class twelfth syllabus for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. The paper also test general English comprehension.