Master in Public Health2-year interdisciplinary programme
On the Master of Public Health programmes webpage the following Information has to be shown
Public Health is an inter-disciplinary entity that promotes and practices a holistic concept of health with a mission of protecting health and saving lives of millions of people at a time. Public health encompasses the domains extending from life sciences, social and management sciences, engineering to medical and health sciences. As the saying goes “Science discovers, Technology develops and Public Health delivers”, the School of Medical Sciences of the UoH embarked on completing the cycle by an innovative approach – the Master in Public Health program. It is trying to ensure that the “bench to bedside to brass-tacks” competencies are developed through this programme.
The Master of Public Health, a two-year interdisciplinary program, is offered by School of Medical Sciences in collaboration with other Schools within University of Hyderabad (School of Social Sciences, School of Management students, School of Economics, S N School of Performing Arts, Fine Arts & Communication) and conjointly with Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPH)-Hyderabad. The course is innovatively structured to have core courses, tracks and electives that student can pursue to complete the MPH program with a choice based credit system framework. The major objectives of the MPH program of UoH are as follows:
- Prepare professionals to work in public health in socially, culturally and economically diverse populations by being attentive to needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- Promote public health research in institutional and field settings
- Train personnel in program organization and management, problem solving, and critical thinking in the public health domain;
- Promote qualities of leadership among public health professionals and effectively use communication skills for health advocacy.
- Train professionals for teaching /training posts in public health institutions.
Eligibility for applying for MPH: Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, dentistry, Ayurvedic medicine, homeopathy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, nutrition, pharmacology, veterinary sciences, agricultural sciences, social sciences or any other science degree.
Seats: 33 offered in 2019
Selection procedure for students is through annual entrance examination of the University of Hyderabad. The written test paper would be based on Bachelors degree syllabus in public health and allied specialties and will have a total of 100 objective type questions basic medical and social Sciences.