Dr. Meera Padhy
Dr. Meera Padhy
Ph.D in Psychology from Centre of Advanced Study in Psychology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha in the year1996
M.phil(Psychology) from Centre of Advanced Study in Psychology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha in the year 1986
M.A.(Psychology) from Centre of Advanced Study in Psychology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha in the year 1984
B.A.(Hons) in Psychology from Ravenshaw University, Odisha in the year 1982
- Junior-Research Fellowship, UGC 1988-1990
- Senior-Research Fellowship, UGC 1990-1992
Areas of Specialization:
- Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Health Psychology
Behavioural diabetology, Occupational health, social support, leisure, and well-being.
Completed UGC Project on Standardization of Indian Scale of Adolescence well-being
- IPERA- Shri Raghunandan Singh Chauhan Memorial Award of Best Health Psychologist 2013
- Prof. Deepak Bhat Award for best paper presenter at 52nd National and 21st International Conference of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, India held at Jaipur on 23-25 February, 2017.
- Padhy, M., Pati, P. and Monteiro, S.R. (2021) Well‑being indices: A role of mindfulness and social support. International Journal of Health & Allied Sciences 10 (4):263-67.
- Padhy, M. and Pati, P. (2021) Social support need differences in early and middle adulthood. Indian Journal of health studies (2)3, 95-100
- Padhy, M., Hariharan, M., Mukherjee,O., Mutnury,S.L., Anand. V. (2021) Effect of Illness Duration and Gender on Coping Skills Deficiency among Chronic Illness Patients. International Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Research 8(9): 13-25. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22192/ijamr.2021.08.09.002 ISSN: 2393-8870
- Padhy, M., Hariharan, M., Mutnury,S.L.,Mukherjee,O.(2021)Flourishing: Role of Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals in Relation to Subjective Vitality. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research, 11 (6): DOI: https://doi.org/10.52403/ijhsr.20210602 ISSN: 2249-9571
- Padhy, M. and Monteiro, S.R. and Chelli., K. (2020). Coping Competence, Mindfulness, and Well-being of Indian Adolescents. Psychological Studies Doi 10.1007/s12646-020-00584-6
- Padhy, M., Padiri, R. A (2020) Social support and Emotion regulation as predictors of well-being. Emotion , well-being and resilience Theoretical perspectives and practical application Edited by Rabindra Kumar Pradhan and Updesh Kumar Apple Academic Press July 2020 ISBN: 978-1-77188-907-0
- Hariharan, M., Rao, C.R. Padhy, M., and Sai Prasad P.S.V.S. (2020). Measurement of Adolescent Well-being: Application of Rough Set Theory. International Journal of Asia Pacific School Psychology ISSN 2697-6544, Vol.1 (1)
- Padhy, M. and Monteiro, S.R. (2020). Improving Work performance: Examining the role of mindfulness and perceived control of internal states in work engagement. International Journal of Behavioural Sciences. vol. 14 (1):27-33. Doi 10.30491/IJS.2020.203525.114523 April 2020
- Padhy, M., Padiri, R. & Chelli, K. (2020). Leisure Behaviour Among Adolescents in The Encyclopedia of Child and Adolescent Development, Edited by Stephen Hupp and Jeremy D. Jewell. John Wiley and Sons. DOI 10.1002/9781119171492,wecad470
- Padhy, M. ( 2019). Relationship between Resilience and Life satisfaction among Adolescents: The Mediating Role of Optimism. Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology.Vol.45(2) 174-181
- Padhy, M., Padiri, R. A., Hariharan, M., &Rana, S. (2018). Diabetes Mellitus Knowledge Test: development, psychometric evaluation, and establishing norms for Indian population.International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries https://doi.org/10.1007/s13410-018-0644-z
- Padhy, M.,Lalnuntluangi,R.,Chelli, K., Hariharan, M., & Rao, C. R. (2018). Conceptual Complexity in Children’s Understanding of Diabetes. Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing.vol.9(3) 392-396
- Padhy, M.,Chottai, P. &Lalnuntluangi, R. (2017). Well-being of Patients with Type2 Diabetes: Role of Self-efficacy and Outcome Expectancy.International Journal of Social and Allied Research.Vol.6(1) 9-16
- Padhy, M., Krishnakumar, N., Lalnuntluangi, R., Chelli, K. (2017). Relationship between self-efficacy and health locus of control in Primary hypertensive patients. Recent Advances in Psychology An International Journal. Vol.4(1), 18-29
- Chelli, K.., Lalnuntluangi, R., Padhy, M(2017).Health hardiness and illness perceptions in Type 2 Diabetes Patients. Journal of Indian Health Psychology.Vol.12/1,pp 24-35
- Lalnuntluangi, R., Chelli, K., Padhy, M(2017).Self efficacy, outcome expectancy and self -management of type 2 diabetespatients. Indian Journal of Health &Wellbeing.8(9),1040-1043.
- Padhy, M., Lalnuntluangi, R., Chelli, K., &Padiri, R. A. (2016). Social support and Adherence among Hypertensive Patients. Amity Journal of Healthcare Management. Volume-1.Issue-1 Page33-40
- Nagpal, A. &Padhy, M. (2015). Dynamics of perception of illness along time among hypertensive patients: Influence on well-being, 2015, Indian Journal of Health & Wellbeing, Volume 6 (9) Page 836-841.
- Padhy, M., Valli, S.K.,Pienyu, R., &Padiri, R.A., Chelli, K. (2015).Leisure motivation and well-being among adolescents and young adults,Psychological Studies,Vol. 60, Issue 3, pp. 314-320.DOI 10.1007/s12646-015-0327-5
- Padhy, M., Chelli, K., &Padiri, R. A. (2015). Optimism and psychological well-being of police officers with different work experiences, Sage open,1-7. DOI;10.1177/2158244015580852
- Rana, S., Padhy, M., Padiri, R.A., Nandinee, D., Vincent, K. (2014).Story: An aid to positive child development, Indian Journal of Positive Psychology, vol.5, Issue 2, 178-182
- Padhy, M., Padiri, R.A., Nandinee, D. (2014).Awareness of AIDS among Students,The International Journal’s Research Journal of Social Science &Management, vol:04,No:2
- Padhy, M., Rana, S., Padmaja, G. (2014).Role of Psychologists in Enhancing skill-based health education and life skills: Role of health psychologist. In M.Bhargava&R.Agarwal (Eds.), Life skill education (pp.128-137). Agra: HP Bhargava House.
- Mishra, M. &Padhy, M. (2012)A Longitudinal Study on Reading Acquisition and Verbal Processing Skill: A comparison of Poor and Good Readers, Indian Journal of Special Education, vol.II& III,73-88.
- Padiri, R.A. &Padhy, M., (2012). Health Locus of control in diabetics, Journal of Indian Health Psychology, vol.7, No1.
- Padhy, M., Rana, S. & Das, S. (2012).Social support and optimism among students, Indian Journal of Psychometry and Education,43(1):34-38,2012
- Padhy, M., Rana, S. & Mishra, M.(2011). Self Esteem and Subjective Wellbeing : Correlates of Academic Achievement of Students, The International Journal’s Research Journal of Social Science &Management, vol:01,No:7
- Padhy, M. (2011).Type A Pattern and Self efficacy: Health Implications, Journal of Indian Health Psychology,vol.6, No.1
- Hariharan&Padhy, M. (2011).Emotional Intelligence of doctors, Social Science International, vol.27. no.1, 15-22
- Padhy, M., Padmaja, G.&Punnam, C. (2011).Occupational Stress in Forest Executives , Indian Journal of Psychology & mental Health, Vol. 5, 116 No.1
- Padhy, M. (2010).Strengthening Patient Provider Relationship for Ameliorting Pain, Trauma and Pain Management: Bio psychosocial Perspectives, Global Vision, New Delhi,203-216.
- Padhy, M.& Mishra, M. (2010).Relation between Emotional Intelligence and Job Satisfaction among School Teachers, Indian journal of Psychology & mental Health, Vol. 4, 65-68No.6 January,2010ISSN 0973-7286
- Padhy, M.& Mishra, M.(2010).Role of Self-efficacy in Health Promotion, Psycholingua , special volume 40
- Padhy, M., Padmaja, G. &Madhuri, (2010).Comparison of Role Stress in Nurses working in General Hospitals and Mental Health Institutions, Social Science International, vol.26, 65-70
- Padhy, M., Padmaja, G. &Hariharan, M. (2008).Religion and Rituals as Aid to Psychological Wellbeing – A Hindu Perspectivein Journal of Indian Health Psychology, 2, 2, 2008
- Padhy, M. (2008).Coping with Life Stress– Indian Experience: Book review accepted for publication by Journal of Indian Health Psychology, 255-257
- Padmaja, G. &Padhy, M.(2008). A study of Leadership Orientation in the Schools and Teachers’ Self Efficacy.Psychology of Education –Sharma, N; Kalia ,A.K; Yadava, A. (Ed.) Global vision Publishing House, 19-36
- Padhy, M.&Padmaja, G.(2008). Assessment and Training of Cognitive Skills of Disadvantaged Children through Play Methods, Journal of Psychological Researches, 52, 1, 34-38
- Padhy, M.& Dash, A.S.(1989). Peer nomination and assessment of competence of invulnerable children, Psycho-lingua,19(1),pp.1-7
Co-Edited – Trauma and Pain Management: Bio psychosocial Perspectives, Global Vision, New Delhi
Worked as Warden, Ladies Hostel for four and half years
Member, University Anti-ragging squad
Member, Advisory Committee for Student’s Union Activities